“Vape Direct/We/Our“ means Vape Direct Ltd.
We respect your right to privacy and are committed to maintaining it. We only collect, store and process your personal information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
What information we collect about you?
Personal information that we collect from you – this will depend upon the services you are using:
- Name and Title
• Home, Billing and Delivery Address(es)
• Email Address(es) (home, mobile, work – customer dependant)
• Phone Number(s) (home, mobile, work – customer dependant)
• Purchase information
• Payment card information
• Account Password and Login details
• Vape Direct Loyalty Card number
• Date of Birth
• Social media account details
• Your comments, product reviews and responses on surveys you complete
• Any shopping preferences or details to help us suggest items for you
• Your images on CCTV
• IP Address
• Device information
• Website / Browsing History, including location data
How we will use your personal information?
- To provide service(s) to you including, managing your account, applications and orders
- When you apply for a job
- Vape Direct employees may access your information to carry out their duties
- For billing and payment purposes
- To verify your identity
- to find and stop criminal activity misuse or if we are legally obligated. We might also use it to prosecute those responsible, defend our rights or property and protect the rights and interests of our customers and users
- to carry out credit checks and decisions if applicable
- to tell you about the products and services you use and to let you know, if we make changes to them
- to monitor communications with us as permitted by law
- to help us understand, manage and improve our services and the products we offer
- for internal purposes like management, research, analytics, corporate reporting, credit scoring and to improve the business
- to create reports about our customers, our services including traffic and network usage patterns for analytical purposes
- to study customer behaviour
- to undertake surveys and research
- to provide effective security and technical support of our products and services and help maintain service quality
- in connection to a restructure, change of ownership, including sale or acquisition of Vape Direct Ltd as long as the recipient uses your information for the same reasons we used it for
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations
Vape Direct will share your personal information with fully GDPR compliant shipping suppliers to successfully deliver your order(s) to you. Vape Direct also use a third party, GDPR compliant cloud software to deliver customer service through its websites and emails.
How long we will store your information?
Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept by Vape Direct for longer than 6 years. We will regularly review our retention policy and the data we hold then delete anything we no longer need.
For direct marketing, you can opt out at any time and we will delete your information we keep on our mailing lists.
Your rights to your information
You can access a detailed list of your rights to your information here
If you have given us your contact details, we may use these to send you marketing messages by email, phone and social media to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products. This includes sending details of special offers and promotions from Vape Direct Ltd.
Vape Direct Ltd has a legitimate interest to promote our products using marketing messages to existing customers of Vape Direct and/or those in a negotiation with us for a sale or service, unless you have asked us not to.
How to stop marketing messages from Vape Direct Ltd
You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time.
For email marketing, the best way to do this is to click on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email you receive.
You can opt out of other marketing as follows:
It may take some time for all our systems to be updated, so you continue to get messages from us while we process your request, but we will ensure that we mark you as having opted out on our database as soon as we receive your request.
Please be aware that stopping marketing messages will not stop our emails regarding order confirmations and updates.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and can also remove cookies from your browser. Please note that our website features may not function fully when cookies are disabled.
Transferring data internationally
In order to provide our goods and services internationally, we may need to transfer your information from your country of residence to another country in the usual course of our business. By dealing with us and submitting your personal information, you agree to the transfer, storage, and/or processing of your personal information outside of your country of residence as set out below.
If you are based outside the UK and place an order with us (for example, through our International Distributors), then we will transfer the personal data that we collect from you to the relevant distributors.
Transferring outside of the EEA
We may transfer your personal information to third party data processors located in countries outside of the European Economic Area (‘EEA’).
Vape Direct Ltd will only transfers personal information to third parties we can be sure will protect your privacy and your rights, for example the third party is located in a country which the EU has deemed to have satisfactory data protection laws in place, where that third party is certified on the EU-US Privacy Shield or where we have a contract in place with that third party which includes the European Commission’s standard data protection clauses.
How to contact us
You can contact us by:
Email • email@example.com
Telephone • 0333 322 0148
Vape Direct Data Protection Officer
19 Hollin Lane